Worms 4 and Ultimate Mayhem tweaking mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick thanks

4 posters

Go down

Quick thanks Empty Quick thanks

Post by Doo_B.Free Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Played this game a LOT on PS2 with a friend. Many epic battles, but eventually we got tired of the default weapons, scheme options, maps, wormpot etc, and we thought those good times were over. Now I find out about this tweaking malarky. Woohoo :bounce:. From the stuff I've seen, the possibilities seem almost limitless. Soon I'm gonna jump in and tweak the heck out of it. If I manage anything good, I'll be sure to post it. But, for now, I just want to say a BIG THANKS to everyone who has contributed so far. 👽
I'll try and keep questions to a minimum, but I have one already: Should I use Kilburn's mod launcher format or just start modifying the xml files? :?:

Doo_B.Free
Standard Member

Activity Points : 4

Back to top Go down

Quick thanks Empty Re: Quick thanks

Post by Dzani Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 pm

Nice to hear it Very Happy
Well it depends. We all started by tweaking .xml files , and experimenting. That's the best way to learn and understand how tweaks work.
Kilburn is very pro at it, but recently a lot of good tweakers showed up. They are combining all sorts of tweaks, like implementing new objects and thus creating new weapons. As you said, limits are endless. You could start doing some basic tweaks with .xml and in our tutorial questions you can learn pretty much.
Dzani
Dzani
Admin
Admin

Activity Points : 953

https://worms4mayhem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireworm Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Hello and welcome. Glad to hear that another tweaker will soon be joining us. You can watch some of my Worms 4 tweaking tutorial vids I did here. One good rule to remember when tweaking is, never bring tweaks online unless the person you are playing with has the same tweaks as you.

I have never used Kilburn's mod launcher format so I wouldn't have any say on it. Me, I just stick to editing the xml the old fashion way.

Fireworm
Standard Member

Activity Points : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Midboy Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:04 pm

tnx you all
Midboy
Midboy
Standard Member

Activity Points : 52

Back to top Go down