Worms 4 and Ultimate Mayhem tweaking mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Going Read-Only

2 posters

Go down

Forum Going Read-Only Empty Forum Going Read-Only

Post by Fireworm Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:46 am

First off, I'd just like to thank all of you who have been posting here over the years. We had a good first year, but after that, things went downhill, Dzani got a job and real busy in real life, I left the Worms modding scene, and this site got majorly neglected in the process, making it never bare into fruitation of what it was meant to be. After we left the tweaking scene we only had only one major poster who posted their mods regularly to come years after, and whereas 85% of the posts and topics that came to be belonged to him. This person is TheKingDragonFire. I just wanted to say thank you for bearing with us with all these years, and even while I do have trouble interpreting what you are saying half the time, I do appreciate your support and I'd just like to say at this time that by posting here you are wasting your time, no really, you may as well start up a blog for your tweaks KingDragon! No one visits here at all, not even I, you are just talking with yourself. You may as well move on to another 3D Worms tweaking site that actually has active users still, for a forum is not made up of one user, but a community, which we are never going to get without Dzani's return.

There's no doubt in that this forum is dead. D.E.A.D. This is not the first dead site I've had a decently high rank on to know that it will never lift itself off the ground without the founder's love, on the other forum the found also got busy in real life and never had time to get to their site. Ever. Not even once in several years. Now, this post isn't about anywhere but here, so I'll turn the spotlight back here and say that I did attempt to lift up this forum a bit with some redesign, but that didn't do squat. So with everything I have said, until Dzani can make a proper return and give the forum the love it needs, I will be locking down the forum. No more posting.

Thank you all, and for now, farewell.

Fireworm
Standard Member

Activity Points : 622

Back to top Go down

Forum Going Read-Only Empty Re: Forum Going Read-Only

Post by Dzani Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:10 pm

Sorry, it has been a while since I came here. 

You can guys post again, just to keep this forum floating.

I have started my own company, regarding web design and development, so Im planning to move this to phb or wordpress, and get a brand new look. Well, this forum deserves it.

We'll have a problem moving it to wordpress, but hopefully I'll manage to do it.

For now, keep using this.

I would like to express my biggest thanks to Fireworm who was been enormous help to me and this community. Without him, this forum would be dead years ago.

And also big thanks to everyone else who participated, posted, liked, shared, talked and logged in on this forum.

Steps will be : make theme phpbb3 (did), convert forum to phpbb3, install phpbb3 on server (hostgator, godaddy etc.), install this forum, get premium theme, customize theme, get domain and launch the new webiste.

So, it should take a month or two. It should be done by 1st september. You will all have to reset your passwords on new website (if everything goes well).
Dzani
Dzani
Admin
Admin

Activity Points : 953

https://worms4mayhem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireworm Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:46 pm

Heeeeey, welcome back! It sounds like you are going to put some attention in the site finally, which is good. =D

By the way, I don't call just coming in, dropping money on the site, and leaving afterwards giving healthy attention. You actually need to be active within the community too. Speaking of, can we discuss a new name for this site that isn't directly a title drop of a game's name? That'd be awesome. Something like "Tweakers4Worms", "The Sheep's Diner" or "Worm's Secret Laboratory" (tutorial name alteration drop. Tounge), or whatever sounds good. Those there were off the top of my head. Anyhow, in the meantime I faded the borders on the current image set for the logo. It looks nicer.

I'm just glad you didn't get angry at my unauthorized decision to make the forum read-only since you've been dead here for, some time to say the least. Hehe. Tounge

Anyway, let me correct the permissions to post which you failed to do.
Edit: Done! I also took the chatbox off the forum main index. It can now be access from the navigation bar.

Fireworm
Standard Member

Activity Points : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down