Worms 4 and Ultimate Mayhem tweaking mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Catch The Crate" a new Lua mod for W4

3 posters

Go down

"Catch The Crate" a new Lua mod for W4 Empty "Catch The Crate" a new Lua mod for W4

Post by WormsS Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi guys Smile

Yeah I know, It's almost deserted around here, but anyway, I still wanted to post the mod I just created. It's lua-powered, because lua files (all the files in data\scripts) are really useful to create mods, and offer way more possibilities than basic modifications in XML files.

Here is the description of the mod:
"You start the game without any weapon. To get some, you have to collect crates. A crate spawns every two turns (turn 1, 3 and so on), and every time you pick up one. That means the total number of crates on the map is always getting bigger. The problem is what the crate contains is totally random. It could be a weapon, a strategic utility, a health bonus, or a disadvantage like a global poisoning of your team, or direct damages. Collecting a crate is at your own risk, but you have to do so in order to win the game."

You have 35s of turn time, so don't waste your time standing still. Try to collect the nearest crate from yourself and get started.

Here is a more detailed version (contains spoilers):
The crates may contain:

Contents:

Oh, I almost forgot: there is NO WAY to recognize what does a specific crate contains: they all look alike, the radar is shut down, and there is no message when a crate spawns. Enjoy Mad

To install the mod, un-zip the contents of the ZIP archive in your Worms 4 directory (...\Codemasters\Worms 4 Mayhem). Saving the files the mod replaces is highly recommended in order to restore the game normally when you want to.

Download: Catch The Crate v1.00.zip
WormsS
WormsS
Worms tweaker
Worms tweaker

Activity Points : 69

Back to top Go down

"Catch The Crate" a new Lua mod for W4 Empty Re: "Catch The Crate" a new Lua mod for W4

Post by TKDF Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:48 pm

YEAH INTERESTING Very Happy however, the normal deathmatch doesn't work more! need it a new script like me that on my mod I created other .lua files, so you game both normal deathmatch and other script of game.
"Catch The Crate" a new Lua mod for W4 Scripts
4 insert the mode, too simple! on file scripts.xml in any section of map, you put file script name.
TKDF
TKDF
Standard Member

Activity Points : 811

http://soundcloud.com/tkdf

Back to top Go down

"Catch The Crate" a new Lua mod for W4 Empty Re: "Catch The Crate" a new Lua mod for W4

Post by WormsS Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:58 pm

I already know that technique. However, you don't have the choice of the map when doing that way. I want people to feel free about the map they want to play on.
Thanks for your support, though.
WormsS
WormsS
Worms tweaker
Worms tweaker

Activity Points : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireworm Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:04 am

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for sharing this with us here! Smile

Fireworm
Standard Member

Activity Points : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down