Worms 4 and Ultimate Mayhem tweaking mods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on a XOM Compiler

+2
Fireworm
Tarek701
6 posters

Go down

Working on a XOM Compiler Empty Working on a XOM Compiler

Post by Tarek701 Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Doing this for around 1-2 years now. I've started very simple, studied XOM algorithms and how the game has created them. I've decrypted the most things, but still some parts are unknown, like the algorithm part with the models. This will work yet only for scripts and xml files.

What does this do?
This compiles a xml file into a xom file, like it is done on Worms Ultimate Mayhem. (Short: WUM)
I've tried it a couple of times now, but still very buggy. I might create a GUI Interface soon.
This can be viewed on XomView and edited, of course. But however, your mods can't be that fastly edited anymore by "newbies" that easily.

When it is done?
I don't know. It only works for xml files yet, not for models and such. This might come in future. But all I can say:
It will be released, when it's done.

(Besides, I'm currently working on a Worms 4 Tweak Loader, which contains an own and easier syntax. When saving, it automaticly converts the WTL(Worms Tweak Loader) into the complete XML file from WeapTwk. Only the parts, which have been called up will be edited.
For example:
Code:
#file Tweak\WeapTwk.xml
edit ContainerResources.kWeaponBazooka
IsLowGravity = false
NumBomblets = 20
end
...Next part. Remember, that you will have(if you do bomblets) have to define the Bomblet Weapon and such. I didn't do it here, because it would be too complicated. The program will soon get it's own topic. You will be also able to put comments behind all lines. They will be ignored by the program, of course.
Example:
Code:
#file Tweak\WeapTwk.xml ; Loads the Weapon Tweak xml file.
edit ContainerResources.kWeaponBazooka ; Loads Bazooka from ContainerResources into accumulator. etc.
IsLowGravity = false ; Disables Low Gravity.
NumBomblets = 20 ; Sets the number of bomblets to 20.
end ; Ends the actual code. After this you start again with #file "FilePath".
Tarek701
Tarek701
Standard Member

Activity Points : 7

Back to top Go down

Working on a XOM Compiler Empty Re: Working on a XOM Compiler

Post by Fireworm Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:57 pm

:O Woah, great to hear that you're making that!

Fireworm
Standard Member

Activity Points : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarek701 Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Fireworm wrote::O Woah, great to hear that you're making that!
Thank you.
A short question:
When using the "luac.exe" (Which is the compiler for Lua to Lub) the program gives out an error: "MSVCR71D.DLL is missing from your computer." I have Windows 7 32-Bit btw. The game itself runs like a charm without any problems. But I admit, Worms 4 is not installed on my C: Harddrive, it's installed on D:\. Do I have to register my DLL first or do I need a special Microsoft software?

EDIT:
Found it out. Had to put the DLL directly into the scripts folder.
Tarek701
Tarek701
Standard Member

Activity Points : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by WormsS Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:14 pm

For your Worms 4 Tweak Loader, _Kilburn already did a program a few years ago named Worms 4 Mod Launcher, and it works exactly by the same way.
Original topic here: http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?t=35326

Besides that your XOM compiler looks cool. Very Happy
WormsS
WormsS
Worms tweaker
Worms tweaker

Activity Points : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by CheVlaya Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:33 pm

It would be great if there was a compiler which changes 3D models in Xom files.
Very Happy
By the way , good luck on you Xom Compiler.
CheVlaya
CheVlaya
Standard Member

Activity Points : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by WormsS Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:04 pm

But 3D models ARE Xom files.
WormsS
WormsS
Worms tweaker
Worms tweaker

Activity Points : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by TKDF Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Worms Ultimate Mayhem is a nice game but it is not editable however, as our old beloved worms 4 mayhem, you know guys I still play worms 4 despite the fact that from 2005 to now many years have passed, yet to play this game because the best and worms editable then I do not possess because it also takes a good video card
if you want to find mod go to my profile, look at my topic well and you will have fun, I will also 3d models 8)

Sorry for my english, I still have to improve a little :lol!:
TKDF
TKDF
Standard Member

Activity Points : 811

http://soundcloud.com/tkdf

Back to top Go down

Post by roachdaripper Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:44 pm

From what I read of this thread it seems you now can edit worms ultimate mayhem, you just have to use worms 4 weapon files then convert to xom

roachdaripper
Standard Member

Activity Points : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by TKDF Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:14 pm

to convert the files you have to use 3d max? tweak in the meantime are formed on xom worms ultimate mayhem, then among other things, the game having a more graphical think on some computers that do not have a decent card recording with fraps matters will suffer lag (fraps recorder is one of the best games too ) what I mean is that this game have changed some files in such a way that the game is not changed, however, because the rest of Team17 seems a shame to change it
maps could change but I think they have a different format (I think it xom or another I do not know), however, it is always better to change worms 4 because it is lighter and less clogged.
TKDF
TKDF
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireworm Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 pm

roachdaripper wrote:From what I read of this thread it seems you now can edit worms ultimate mayhem, you just have to use worms 4 weapon files then convert to xom
I don't really know to be honest. I haven't been looking for mods/tweaks. I haven't modded or played and Worms 4 Mayhem tweaks in almost 4 years now! :O

Fireworm
Standard Member

Activity Points : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by TKDF Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:40 pm

Fireworm wrote:
roachdaripper wrote:From what I read of this thread it seems you now can edit worms ultimate mayhem, you just have to use worms 4 weapon files then convert to xom
I don't really know to be honest. I haven't been looking for mods/tweaks. I haven't modded or played and Worms 4 Mayhem tweaks in almost 4 years now! :O
Firewrom from what you said I Understood that not only did you do a tweak, what do you mean in simple words? Well in short, I said that worms 4 is lighter than both of wum game that tweak
I do not what wum because my pc does not have a video card suitable to support a high quality game :roll:
TKDF
TKDF
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roachdaripper Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:25 am

TheKingDragonFire wrote:
Fireworm wrote:
Firewrom from what you said I Understood that not only did you do a tweak, what do you mean in simple words? Well in short, I said that worms 4 is lighter than both of wum game that tweak
I do not what wum because my pc does not have a video card suitable to support a high quality game :roll:

WUM uses the same graphical and gameplay engine, that worms 4 does, the only real difference between WUM and W4M is the W3D Levels and more shop stuff

roachdaripper
Standard Member

Activity Points : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by TKDF Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:09 am

I already knew that they used the same graphics engine, it is also a good game only tweak that are the size xom, it was better that they left in xml  :x 
among other worms 4 is still playable today if you look at the people who play because it is lighter, at least with what you records without lag but if all you have 4GB
of ram and a good graphics card and processor necessarily suitable  :face: 
I'm working to tweak the w4m  :study: , but still can not find a decent site to upload files.
TKDF
TKDF
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down